Getting Ready to Re-Open – What to Expect Post COVID-19 at Smith & Smith Hair Salon in Loughborough
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Loughborough hair salon when we’re allowed to hopefully open our doors again on the 12th April 2021
We have been busy preparing the salon for re-opening, putting in place a host of features designed to keep our team and clients safe and well. We have also been working hard to ensure that the Smith & Smith team are up-to-date on all social distancing and hygiene requirements and will be working to reassure you when you are able to come in for your hair appointments.
The “New Normal” at Smith & Smith Hair Salon
You can still expect exactly the same 5* service from your Smith & Smith stylist, but you will see fewer other clients when you arrive at the salon. This is because our team will be working in shifts over longer hours, over our two floors so that we can accommodate as many of you as possible while maintaining the required social distance. There will only be 7 stylists on shift at any one time.
Our team will be wearing masks, visors and aprons for everyone’s protection and we will be taking their temperature regularly over the course of the day. All staff understand that it is VITAL that they self isolate if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms and that they do not come into the salon. Likewise, clients experiencing Coronavirus symptoms must stay at home and contact us to reschedule their appointments. We reserve the right to check a client’s temperature if we consider it necessary.
We have lots of PPE equipment for use by both our team and clients.
Here’s a summary of what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit to Smith & Smith Hair Salon:
- Appointments will need to be booked in advance – we will NOT accept walk ins
- We will be carrying out skin tests for ALL colour clients.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the salon including in Reception and at every chair.
- You will be shown to your chair, which will be socially distanced from other chairs across our large salon.
- Your chair and surrounding area will have been fully sanitised prior to your arrival
- Stations will be fully sanitised between clients
- To limit numbers, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer)
- We may be checking client temperatures upon arrival at the salon
- Clients to be asked to wear a mask that hooks behind their ear when coming to the appointments (if you are exempt from wearing a mask please let us know prior to your appointment)
- There will be a charge of £2.50 per client for PPE
Our Risk Assessment
We have carried out a detailed and ongoing risk assessment which you can read HERE.