Getting Ready to Re-Open – What to Expect Post COVID-19 at Smith & Smith Hair Salon in Loughborough
We can’t wait to welcome you back to our Loughborough hair salon when we’re allowed to open our doors again on 4th July 2020, although there’s no doubt that the world will be a very different place when we do.
We have been busy preparing the salon for a post lockdown “new normal”, putting in place a host of new features designed to keep our team and clients safe and well. We have also been working hard to ensure that the Smith & Smith team are up-to-date on all social distancing and hygiene requirements and will be working to reassure you when you are able to come in for your hair appointments.
The “New Normal” at Smith & Smith Hair Salon
You can still expect exactly the same 5* service from your Smith & Smith stylist, but you will see fewer other clients when you arrive at the salon. This is because our team will be working in shifts over longer hours, over our two floors so that we can accommodate as many of you as possible while maintaining the required social distance. There will only be 5 stylists on shift at any one time.
Our team will be wearing masks, aprons and gloves for everyone’s protection and we will be taking their temperature regularly over the course of the day. All staff understand that it is VITAL that they self isolate if they experience any Coronavirus symptoms and that they do not come into the salon. Likewise, clients experiencing Coronavirus symptoms must stay at home and contact us to reschedule their appointments. We reserve the right to check a client’s temperature if we consider it necessary.
We have lots of PPE euqipment for use by both our team and clients. We have invested in shields, disposable cape and disposable towels alongside the masks and gloves. We will also be making procedure changes in the salon.
Here’s a summary of what we are doing to keep you safe during your visit to Smith & Smith Hair Salon:
- Appointments will need to be booked in advance – we will NOT accept walk ins
- We may contact you for a consultation over the phone beforehand so we can discuss your hair needs and minimise time spent in discussion during your appointment
- We will be carrying out skin tests for ALL colour clients
- We are suspending special offers until we have seen all of our regular clients again
- We will not be offering perming services until further notice
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands on arrival. Hand sanitiser stations are available throughout the salon including in Reception and at every chair.
- You will be ushered to your chair, which will be socially distanced from other chairs across our large salon and be given a disposable towel
- Your chair and surrounding area will have been fully sanitised prior to your arrival
- We will be using disposable towels during your appointment, which will be placed in the bin at the end of the appointment
- Stations will be fully sanitised between clients
- To limit numbers, we request that clients come into the salon alone (unless the appointment is for a child or someone who requires a carer)
- We will be checking all client temperatures upon arrival at the salon
- Clients to be asked to wear a mask that hooks behind their ear when coming to the appointments
- There will be a charge of £2.50 per client for PPE
Our New Opening Hours
We are planning to open for 4 late nights per week during the first month of opening, as well as opening on Saturday 8am until 8pm.
Booking an Appointment
We’re getting in touch with everyone who had an appointment booked during lockdown who will be offered priority for booking when we re-open.
We already have a long waiting list for appointments, but you can call us on 01509 216181 if you require an appointment.
We look forward to seeing you all soon.
Our Risk Assessment
We have carried out a detailed and ongoing risk assessment which you can read HERE.